- Marathon GAUJA XXL is organised by Vecpiebalgas Airētāju biedrība (Vecpiebalga Kayaking club)
- Team relay GAUJA XXL takes place the second time, it is competition of 420 km along the Gauja river from Taurene vilage to the sea.
- Relay start will be given May 5 at 08:00
- Finish line will be crossed after approx. 48 hours.
- Allowed is participating in the single or double kayaks or canoe.
- Each team includes at least four members and at least two boats (one of which should be double) and at least one car.
- Distance is divided into eight sections of varying length, partly vid 40 km each (see The technical information).
- Relay exchanges are carried out control points, at two of them it will be possibility to add some drinking water and get warm food.
- Each participant must run at least 2 stages, but it is prohibited for one participant to run two stages in a row.
- Teams have possibility to plan their strategy un basis of analysis of stages, and each team member’s abilities.
- Stages of the night for safety reasons should run in double boat.
- During first few stages it is not recommended to use a fiberglass boats, because there are lot of stones just below of water level.
- Organizers does not rent the boats.
- Boat rental provides GAUJA XXL partner www.campo.lv
- Participant may be any person over 18 years who is aware that his or her physical and mental faculties are strong enough for the following competition format.
- Registration takes place at www.gaujaxxl.lv
- By paying the participation fee from until March 30:
for one person 30 EUR.
- By paying the participation fee from March 30 until April 15:
for one person 35 EUR.
- By paying the participation fee from April 15 un May4:
for one person 60 EUR.
Registration will be closed at May 4.
Receiver: Vecpiebalgas Airetaju biedriba
Receiving Address: Lejas Jukani, Liezere, Madona district, Latvia LV-4884
Bank account: LV89HABA0551029305219
Name and address of the Bank: Swedbank, Ballasts dambis 1a, Riga, LV-1048, Latvia
Total: The amount shown at check-in
Information for reciever: GAUJA XXL 2017, [name]
- The fee for a transfer is paid by sender.
- 420 km relay race starts near the Gauja Bridge at Taurene village –Arrival time May 5., untill 07:00, registration untill 7:30, start will be given at 08:00.
- On arrival, participants will be given a number and all the necessary information.
- At two checkpoints it will be possible to add drinking water supplies and get a hot meal.
- Organizers do not offer transportation of the boats and participants it selves.
- It is expected that the competition winners will arrive at the finish approx after 48 hours.
- 420 km team must have at least one car, in which the team travels between checkpoints. NB! After the finish it is recommended for 10 hours to refrain from driving.
- If you want to withdraw, do it at the checkpoint or near a bridge or road, where the support team can access you.
- If withdrawing necessarily you are obliged to inform organizers about your decision.
- NB! Organizers do not provide transportation of boats an participants them selves. Use your support team.
- Organizers will begin tracking the time at start and stop at the finish.
- To be counted as a result, participation number must be visible throughout the race.
- Results will be announced after the finish and on the Internet.
- Your fans will be able to follow you in real-time manner at www.gaujaxxl.lv
- Throughout the race participants MUST be wearing a life jacket, if the participant in any part of competition seen without the jacket, he/she will be disqualified.
- Be careful on rapids (Valmiera), and floating trees, especially at night. We recommend that you use the head lamps or strong lantern affixed to the boat.
- It is not aloowed to shorten the distance in any manner. Violators of this rule will be disqualified.
- Life jacket for each participant
- Spare clothing (waterproof sealed)
- Mobile phone with a fully charged battery and the number of organizers recorded, wrapped and watertighted.
- Drink and food
- First aid kit (and personal medications, if any)
- Lights (head and / or on the boat)
LIABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- This type of competition requires from participants to be physically and mentally strength and stamina. All participants are fully responsible for their actions during the race and knows that the organizers is in not in way responsible for alleged injuries, health and life, equipment damage or loss suffered by participant.
- All participants are well aware of the risks and this is confirmed by the signature of the starting document.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and equipment.
- First Aid kit includes bandages, plasters, painkillers, etc.
- Wherever possible, provide assistance to other participants during the race!
- If someone need help, remember his/her number, and the location of accident and as soon as possible tell about it to organizers.
- In case of serious accident call to emergency and/or rescue service by phone 112 and tell about it the organizers.
- Winners will be awarded in all boat classes.
- All participants will receive diplomas.
- Prize giving will take place immediately after the finish
- According to sponsors there would be prize to raft between all participants.
- Lottery will take place at the finish and will be attended by all participants.
Captain of the Race Didzis Sedlenieks
Phone: +371 292 68 924
Chief Arbiter Gints Kalniņš
Phone +371 25422901