GAUJA XXL ULTIMATE
- Marathon GAUJA XXL is organised by Vecpiebalgas Airētāju biedrība (Vecpiebalga Kayaking Club).
- Marathon GAUJA XXL takes place for the tenth time, it is the competition of 420 km along the Gauja river from Taurene (Nēķena watermill) to the sea.
- No boat class – any human-powered watercraft.
- The start is at May 1 at 8:00 in Taurene. Finish will be closed on May 3 at 23:59 in Carnikava.
- It is not prohibited to do a boat change, on the contrary – it is recommended, because of specifics of river Gauja upper part .
- All the time participant will be alone, stops at the official checkpoints are not mandatory.
- On arrival, participants will receive a number and all the necessary information.
- Organizers do not offer transportation of the boats and participants.
- Participants of the Gauja XXL Ultimate are recommended to have a support team with a car, which will provide assistance at a distance (for the food and drink supplies, or to provide dry clothing and medical help) NB! After the finish it is not recommended to drive for approx. 24 hours.
- If you want to quit do it at the checkpoint or near a bridge or road, where your support team can access you.
- If you are quitting, it is mandatory to inform organizers about your decision.
- NB! Organizers do not provide transportation of boats and participants from the quitting place. Use your support team.
- Participation number must be visible throughout the race, otherwise the result will not be recorded.
- Results will be announced after the finish and published on the Internet.
- Throughout the race participants MUST be wearing a life jacket, if the participant in any part of competition has been seen without the jacket, he/she will be disqualified.
- Be careful on rapids (Valmiera), and floating trees, especially at night. We recommend you to use the head lamps or strong lantern affixed to the boat.
- It is not allowed to shorten the distance in any manner. Violators of this rule will be disqualified.
- Life jacket
- Paddle leash or spare paddle
- Mobile phone with a fully charged battery and the telephone number of organizers recorded, waterproof packed.
- Drink and food, also for warming
- Lights (head and / or on the boat)
- Tools for firing a fire
- Gas burner
- Sleeping bag (with the proper temperature index)
- Sleeping mat
- Tent or shed (according to predicted air temperature in the coldest part of the day)
- First aid kit (and personal medications, if any)
- Spare clothing (waterproof packed)
LIABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- This type of competition requires from participants to be physically and mentally strength and stamina. All participants are fully responsible for their actions during the race and are aware that the organizers are not responsible for injuries, health and life, equipment damage or loss.
- All participants are aware of risks and it is confirmed by the signature in the starting document.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and equipment.
- NB! First Aid kit should include bandages, plasters, painkillers, etc.
- Wherever possible, provide assistance to other participants during the race.
- If someone needs help, remember his/her number, the location of accident and as soon as possible tell about it to organizers.
- The ones who will finish, will be awarded.
- Gauja XXL Ultimate finishers will have the opportunity in the next year to participate in any distance of Gauja XXL without any fee.