Gauja XXL Ultimate
Race without the rules – no checkpoints, no mandatory rest!
- Individual race, 420 km from Taurenes to sea
- No boat class – any watercraft powered by human muscle power
- Only two stops – start at May 5 at 8:00 near bridge Taurene and finish until May 7 at 23:59 in Carnikava
- Not prohibityed boat change, on the contrary – it is a mandatory, because the upper part of river Gauja hates high-tech boats
- All the time participant will be alone, nobody will weigt for him un checkpoints wit hot soup (but he will not be propelled away when arriving)
- Participants must be 18 years of age, must have anough strong skills in paddling, several years of experience in adventure and survival races is not mandatory, but desirable grant
- By paying the participation fee from until March 30:
for one person 30 EUR.
- By paying the participation fee from March 30 until April 15:
for one person 35 EUR.
- By paying the participation fee from April 15 un May 4:
for one person 60 EUR.
- Participant must be any person over 18 years who is aware that his or her physical and mental facilties are strong enough for the following competition format.
- Registration takes place at www.gaujaxxl.lv
- Registration will be closed at May 4.
- Gauja XXL Utimate starts near Taurene – May 5 2017, arrival untill 07:00, registration untill 7:30, start will be given at 08:00.
- On arrival, participants will receive a number and all the necessary information.
- Organizers do not offer transportation of the boats and participants it selves.
- Participants of the Gauja XXL Ultimate are recommended to have a support team with a car, which will provide assistance at a distance (only for the food and drink supplies, or to provide dry clothing and medical help) NB! After the finish it is not recommended to be by the wheel for approx. 24 hours.
- If you want to withdraw, do it at the checkpoint or near a bridge or road, where your support team can access you.
- If withdrawing, you are obliged to inform organizers about your decision.
- NB! Organizers do not provide transportation of boats an participants themselves. Use your support team.
- Organizers will begin tracking the time at start and stop at the finish. Participation number must be visible throughout the race (otherwise the result will not be counted).
- Results will be announced after the finish and on the Internet.
- Throughout the race participants MUST be wearing a life jacket, if the participant in any part of competition has been seen without the jacket, he/she will be disqualified.
- Be careful on rapids (Valmiera), and floating trees, especially at night. We recommend you to use the head lamps or strong lantern affixed to the boat.
- It is not allowed to shorten the distance in any manner. Violators of this rule will be disqualified.
MINIMUM MANDATORY EQUIPMENT (Will be checked before start!)
- Life jacket
- Paddle leash or spare paddle
- Mobile phone with a fully charged battery and the telephone number of organizers recorded, wrapped and watertighted.
- Drink and food
- Lights (head and / or on the boat)
- Tools for firing a fire
- Gas burner
- Sleeping bag (with the proper temperature index)
- Tent or sleeping mat
- Food products and beverages to warm
- First aid kit (and personal medications, if any)
- Spare clothing (waterproof sealed)
LIABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- This type of competition requires from participants to be physically and mentally strength and stamina. All participants are fully responsible for their actions during the race and knows that the organizers are not in any way responsible for alleged injuries, health and life, equipment damage or loss suffered by participant.
- All participants are well aware of risks and this is confirmed by the signature of the starting document.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and equipment.
- First Aid kit includes bandages, plasters, painkillers, etc.
- Wherever possible, provide assistance to other participants during the race!
- If someone needs help, remember his/her number, and the location of accident and as soon as possible tell about it to organizers.
- In case of serious accident call to emergency and/or rescue service by phone 112 and tell about it to the organizers.
- Everybody will be awarded, just reach the finish! I you will finish Gauja XXL Ultimate succesfully, you will get rights to participate in any distance of Gauja XXL of your chose without any fee!