GAUJA XXL 310 KM
- Marathon GAUJA XXL is organised by Vecpiebalgas Airētāju biedrība (Vecpiebalga Kayaking Club).
- Marathon GAUJA XXL takes place for the eleventh time, it is the competition of 310 km along the Gauja river from Lejasciems to the sea.
- The start for 310 km individual is in Lejasciems on October 16 at 19:00.
- Finsh will be closed on October 18 at 23:59.
- On arrival, participants will receive a number and all the necessary information.
- At two checkpoints will be possible to fill-up drinking water supplies and get a hot meal (NB! At these checkpoints participants of 310 km distance MUST get out off the boats and stay there for 30 minutes. Timing will be stopped during these minutes).
- Organizers do not provide transportation of the boats and participants.
- We suggest participants to use a support car, which will provide assistance in the distance (for the food and drink supplies, also to provide dry clothing and medical help) NB! After the finish it is not recommended to drive for approx. 10 hours.
- If you want to quit do it at the checkpoint or near a bridge or road, where your support team can access you.
- If you are quitting, it is mandatory to inform organizers about your decision.
- NB! Organizers do not provide transportation of boats and participants from the quitting place. Use your support team.
- Time will be recorded in start and in the finish. For 310 km distance in two checkpoints time will be paused for 30 minutes.
- Participation number must be visible throughout the race, otherwise the result will not be recorded.
- Results will be announced after the finish and published on the Internet.
- Throughout the race participants MUST be wearing a life jacket, if the participant in any part of competition has been seen without the jacket, he/she will be disqualified.
- Be careful on rapids (Valmiera) and floating trees, especially at night. We recommend you to use the head lamps or strong lantern affixed to the boat.
- It is not allowed to shorten the distance in any manner. Violators of this rule will be disqualified.
K1 MEN Men all single kayaks
K1 WOM Women all single kayaks
C1 MEN Men all single canoes
C1 WOM Women all single canoes
K2 MEN Men all double kayaks
K2 WOM Women all double kayaks
K2 MIX Mixed doubles all double kayaks
C2 MEN Men all double canoes
C2 WOM Women all double canoes
C2 MIX Mixed doubles all double canoes
BOAT any human-powered watercraft
Organizers do not rent boats.
- Life jacket
- Paddle leash or spare paddle
- Mobile phone with a fully charged battery and the telephone number of organizers recorded, waterproof packed.
- Drink and food, also for warming
- Lights (head and / or on the boat)
- Tools for firing a fire
- Gas burner
- Sleeping bag (with the proper temperature index)
- Sleeping mat
- Tent or shed (according to predicted air temperature in the coldest part of the day)
- First aid kit (and personal medications, if any)
- Spare clothing (waterproof packed)
LIABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- This type of competition requires from participants to be physically and mentally strength and stamina. All participants are fully responsible for their actions during the race and are aware that the organizers are not responsible for injuries, health and life, equipment damage or loss.
- All participants are aware of risks and it is confirmed by the signature in the starting document.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and equipment.
- NB! First Aid kit should include bandages, plasters, painkillers, etc.
- Wherever possible, provide assistance to other participants during the race.
- If someone needs help, remember his/her number, the location of accident and as soon as possible tell about it to organizers.
- In case of serious accident call emergency and/or rescue service by phone 112 and inform about it to the organizers.
- Winners will be awarded in all boat classes.
- All participants will receive diplomas.
- Prize giving will take place immediately after the finish.