GAUJA XXL 90 km
- Marathon GAUJA XXL is organized by Vecpiebalgas Airētāju biedrība (Vecpiebalga Kayaking Club).
- This is the competition for everybody.
- The start for GAUJA XXL 90 km is in Cēsis on 1st of May at 09:00.
- Finish in Carnikava will be closed on May 2 at 08:59.
- On arrival, participants will receive a number and all the necessary information.
- Organizers do not offer transportation of the boats and participants it selves.
- Participants of GAUJA XXL 90 km are recommended to have a support team with a car, which will provide assistance at a distance (for the food and drink supplies, or to provide dry clothing and medical help) NB! After the finish it is not recommended to drive for approx. 10 hours.
- If you want to quit do it at the checkpoint or near a bridge or road, where your support team can access you.
- If you are quitting, it is mandatory to inform organizers about your decision.
- NB! Organizers do not provide transportation of boats and participants from the quitting place. Use your support team.
- Time will be recorded in start and in the finish.
- Participation number must be visible throughout the race, otherwise the result will not be recorded.
- Results will be announced after the finish and published on the Internet.
K1 MEN Men all single kayaks
K1 WOM Women all single kayaks
C1 MEN Men all single canoes
C1 WOM Women all single canoes
K2 MEN Men all double kayaks
K2 WOM Women all double kayaks
K2 MIX Mixed doubles all double kayaks
C2 MEN Men all double canoes
C2 WOM Women all double canoes
C2 MIX Mixed doubles all double canoes
BOAT any human-powered watercraft
- Throughout the race participants MUST be wearing a life jacket, if the participant in any part of competition has been seen without the jacket, he/she will be disqualified.
- Be careful on rapids and floating trees, especially at night. We recommend you to use the head lamps or strong lantern affixed to the boat.
- It is not allowed to shorten the distance in any manner. Violators of this rule will be disqualified.
- Life jacket
- Paddle leash or spare paddle
- Mobile phone with a fully charged battery and the telephone number of organizers recorded, waterproof packed.
- Drink and food, also for warming
- Lights (head and / or on the boat)
- Tools for firing a fire
- Gas burner
- Sleeping bag (with the proper temperature index)
- Sleeping mat
- Tent or shed (according to predicted air temperature in the coldest part of the day)
- First aid kit (and personal medications, if any)
- Spare clothing (waterproof packed)
LIABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- This type of competition requires from participants to be physically and mentally strength and stamina. All participants are fully responsible for their actions during the race and are aware that the organizers are not responsible for injuries, health and life, equipment damage or loss.
- All participants are aware of risks and it is confirmed by the signature in the starting document.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and equipment.
- NB! First Aid kit should include bandages, plasters, painkillers, etc.
- Wherever possible, provide assistance to other participants during the race.
- If someone needs help, remember his/her number, the location of accident and as soon as possible tell about it to organizers.
- In case of serious accident call emergency and/or rescue service by phone 112 and inform about it to the organizers.
- Winners will be awarded in all boat classes.
- All participants will receive diplomas.
- Prize giving will take place immediately after the finish